Braided Oats Bread




It’s been so long since I baked bread. The last time I tried was an year and a half back , I tried to make a French loaf and needless to say it was a disaster..
Now with the new member in my Kitchen- KitchenAid, I decided to try my hands on bread baking again[Yes yes, I got one last week…yeyyyyyyy can’t stop smiling]
I decided to go with the simple and easy Oats bread recipe which I had bookmarked sometime back
Here is the original recipe from Palatable

The recipe is super simple and the bread was really soft and tasted great..

So here goes the Braided bread
Recipe courtesy : Palatable

2 Cups Bread flour +2 table spoons
1 ½ tspn Active yeast
1/ 2 Cup rolled oats
1 tablespon ground flaxseed
2 Tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon sugar
150 ml milk
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoon water

Mix the yeast, 3 tablespoon water and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes

Mix the butter, sugar and milk in a bowl and microwave it for 10-20 seconds till it is just warm.

In the mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Attach the dough hook and give a mix.
Now slowly add the yeast mixture and mix at speed 2.
Continue to mix and add the milk mixture.
Knead for 5 minutes till the dough is soft.

Alternatively you can mix all ingredients and knead well with hands till dough is no longer sticking to your hands.

Cover and let it rise for 30-40 minutes till the dough rise to twice the original size
Punch down the dough and give it a quick knead

For making braided bread, take out 3 equal portions of dough, 150 gms each
Now roll the balls into a long tube shape about 5-6 inch and braid it. There are plenty of videos in you tube showing how to braid the bread.
Rest of the dough you can make buns or rolls as per you creativity.
I chose to make Kaya buns and Nutella rolls.

Cover the shaped dough using a damp cloth and let it rest for 30-40 minutes.

Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes till the top is browed lightly.

Off this goes to this weeks Yeastspotting

17 Comments:

  1. I am an absolute bread lover n it is always great to learn new ways of making them, very neatly braided..looks splendid!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oats bread looks too good and healthy . Just become your follower now. Great post you have got.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Wav,healthy and delicious bread.I book marked this recipe. Thanks for sharing.
    cheers
    rani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo delicious and simply superb healthy and perfect bread.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love home baked breads but have been quite lazy of late. But your clicks are motivating me to bake one soon .... Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Cheers,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and healthy bread Ramya..awesome work dear..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work and it is neatly executed...Love to have a bite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bread looks perfect shape and interesting design too. Oats also good for health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healthy and beautifully braided bread.. ooh yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Braided oats bread looks delicious. I love home made bread.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog, you have nice blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! this looks really good!
    Congrats on your new kitchen aid! I also got mine only 6 months ago and am still so in love with it!
    Tho truth be told I still use my hand held when I'm feeling lazy to wash that big bowl!
    What colour is it? Mine is silver and I call her Sylvie :)
    Oh and have you tried the artisan bread in 5 recipes?
    I love the braided brioche though your braid is so much neater than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ All -Thank u all for ur generous comments..I am Delighted :-)
    @magpie, I got the classic Red one ,yet to do the naming ceremony though:-)
    I am yet to try the artisan bread

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for trying dear! So glad you like it and yours looks beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...